GLS Insurance Group will customize your organization’s insurance program to deliver an exceptional combination of property and liability coverages that fit your unique needs whether you’re a church of twenty or two thousand. In addition, we provide risk management resources to help you create a safe environment for your ministry or your congregation.
Property CoverageProvides protection against loss or damage to your buildings, contents and more. Types of property coverages include:
- Crime – employee dishonesty or fidelity bonding, loss or theft of monies or securities, forgery and alteration.
- Extra expenses and business income to cover contract obligations to pastors, staff or daycare workers.
- Ordinance of law to cover additional expense incurred to bring a building up to code after a property loss.
- Equipment breakdown – provides coverage for equipment exposures that are not covered by most property policies. Special coverage for electrical failure and mechanical breakdown are included but not limited to heating, air conditioning, lighting, electrical panels as well as refrigeration units.
General Liability CoverageCovers the church’s legal liability resulting from injuries to people or damage to their property. Medical Coverage – pays reasonable medical expenses regardless of liability for guests and volunteer workers. Liability options available – The GLS Insurance Group agent can help you determine which of the following options are most important for your needs:
- Employee Benefits Liability – provides coverage for your legal liability for injury to the rights and interests of employees or their beneficiaries arising out of improper advice, error or omission in the administration of employee benefits programs.
- Non-Owned and Hired Auto Liability – legal defense and liability protection for covered damages resulting from the use of borrowed or short-term rented automobiles and when vehicles owned and driven by church employees are used on the job or on behalf of church.
- Sexual Misconduct Liability – legal defense and liability protection for covered damages, including emotional injury resulting from sexual acts.
- Directors and Officers Liability – legal defense and liability protection for covered financial damages claims that result from covered leadership decisions made on behalf of the church. For example: using funds budgeted or donated for one purpose in another way, discriminating in membership, exceeding authority granted in by-laws, failing to maintain adequate financial records, conflict of interest, removal of personnel, etc.
- Employment Practices Liability- legal defense and liability protection for covered damages sustained by a past or present employee or job applicant due to employment discrimination, termination, harassment or other wrongful employment act or practice. For example: unjust demotion, failure to promote, requests for sexual favors (employment related), age discrimination, and failure to follow ADA rules, violation of EEOC guidelines.
Other Policies Available
- Business Automobile – provides liability, comprehensive, collision, and medical coverage for all designated church-owned vehicles.
- Umbrella – fits over and extends your comprehensive general liability, comprehensive automobile liability, and employers’ liability to the limit indicated. The umbrella is broader than the basic policy – this coverage is an extra layer of liability protection that falls over most of the liability policies in place, excess of the basic policy
- Workers’ Compensation – coverage which must be carried by all churches with employees regardless of the number of hours employees work and whether they are permanent, part-time or occasional workers.
- Counselor Liability (licensed and fee-based) – counseling services that attend to the spiritual needs of a person by your minister, volunteer, employee or person in training to become a licensed or non-licensed counselor. Also extends to fee-based counseling.
- Special Events – your church may have special outreaches to the community. We can provide coverage for your particular event (additional premium may apply).